Monday, November 30, 2009

29 weeks and counting...

I feel like I'm being kind of boring lately with my posts. They sound the same. One more week...blah, blah, blah but I guess that is a good thing right? No news is sometimes the best news I hear :)
We did have a great Thanksgiving week though. It is great to sit and reflect upon the things we are most grateful for. I hope you all did that. This year I'm most grateful for Spencer (and our cutest puppy ever!) and for Spence's patience and willingness to do so many things for me, especially lately. I'm such a slug most days and I absolutely hate it! But, I'm willing to do it for the next best thing I'm grateful for which is our healthy babies and the miracle that they are. 2%! I still can't believe it! I'm also so grateful for such supportive and kind friends and neighbors and extended family that love us. I'm so grateful for the many opportunities we have to be entertained by TV, movies and other things - that might sound stupid but I love to be entertained mindlessly. Lastly, I'm so grateful for my mental and physical health - what a blessing! My work really teaches me a lot and I'm so grateful for those that I've had the opportunity to work with in my office. People amaze me and the things they overcome humbles me every day I'm there.

We were able to spend time with family that day and evening. My dad had to work :( which we were sad about but we were able to spend time over there on Friday instead minus the Fanks because they spent the weekend in St. George with Matt's family. We missed them but know they were having fun there too. Spence and I spent the majority of our day with the Morris side of the Fam which was great and a bit of the evening with my mom. Yummy food and lots of time with them. Thank you to both parents for your kindness in letting us eat with you and for making such yummy things! I totally over ate though and my ribs paid for it. They haven't hurt that bad in weeks! The babies were not happy with me eating that much and then having to be munched inside with no body room - poor things. I've learned my lesson: small portions always, even on big holidays! What I did find interesting though was that I didn't have any heartburn those days...Hmmm... I wonder if there is a connection. I don't know?

I loved being able to spend more time with Spence and our cute Lennox too. We put up the decor outside and inside for Christmas. When I say "we" I mean Spencer put up all the lights on our house - so cute! Thanks babe - it looks awesome! I was able to do the inside decor minus the tree - that isn't up just yet but will be soon. Lots of football was also watched - probably not as much as Spence would have liked but enough nonetheless.

I attended a sad, sad funeral Saturday too for my friend Justin Crowther. He has suffered from colon cancer for awhile now and things looked hopeful at one point and then turned horrible fast. He was an amazing person and friend and will be missed by many. I was very sad for his family and cute wife. I cannot imagine going through that! Another blessing to count every day!

Physical/Doctor update: Things are still great! No cervix moving at all! It is holding very strong and not budging at this point - thank goodness! I'm uncomfortable to say the least and tired a lot more lately but I really do feel great! The babies heartbeats were great too - all above 150 this time and they were busy movers too. I feel them so much now and it is the weirdest thing to know who is moving where - they are so unique in their positioning, I know who is who. (Now we just need to know their names - sorry babies - mom and dad are slow on that)

Thanks again everyone for all you have done and continue to do to help and support us. I'm so very grateful and feel so fortunate to have you in my life. Thank you so much!
WEEK 29:

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow Summer, you are amazing!!! I am so excited for you and Spence. I did get your text and thank you so much, you stay close to home and take care of those cute babies :)

    ReplyDelete